Semester Course: 1st
Credits: 5 ECTS
Prerequisites: Forest Biology (6 ECTS) or override permit by the lecturer
Lecturers: Carlos Colinas
Web Site: www.udl.cat
Developing the abilities to:
- recognise the pathological origin of a problem in the forest,
- prescribe plans to address problems caused by diseases,
- account for possible future diseases during forest planning,
- read and interpret forest pathology literature, and
- communicate with forest pathology experts.
- Programme topics:
- History and background.
- Basic concepts of pathology.
- Conditions for disease development
- Disease control
- Shoot and leaf diseases.
- Stem diseases Root diseases.
Course requirements include the presentation or Reading Reports, Disease Cards, a Term Paper, A Field Trip Report, and a group Prescription.