Forest Fires in NE Spain
Semester Course: 3rd
Credits: 5 ECTS
Prerequisites: Prescribed Burning Lab (6 ECTS) and Principles of Wildland Fire Science and Management (6 ECTS) or override permit by the lecturer
Lecturers: Domingo M. Molina & Jose A. Bonet
Web Site: http://www.etsea2.udl.es/~UFF/2_courses/pages/wfmmd.htm
- That those attending the course could be able to:
- Understand major wildland fire events in NE Spain
- Understand major wildland fire prevention plans executed NE Spain (in Aragon, Catalonia and Valencia).
- See the effects of prescribed burning actions in different sites in NE Spain under different fuel model structures
- See how some wildland fire suppression agencies work.
- Programme topics:
- Field trip to Central Catalonia – 3 days
- Field trip to South Tarragona (Catalonia), SW Aragón and Northern Castellón (Valencia)- 3 days
- Field trip to Huesca (N. Aragón). Two days
- Field trip to NW Catalonia (Tremp) – 1 day trip
- Student presentations
Course requirements include the presentation of a class summary (10%), a class project- presentation ton peer students (25%), grading in field participation accomplishment (25%) and a final exam (40%).