Natural Resources Management
Semester Course: 1st
Credits: 6 ECTS
Lecturers: José G. Borges
Web Site: https://fenix.isa.ulisboa.pt/degrees/medfor/disciplina-curricular/564006...
- To understand how advanced methods and computer use may enhance natural resources management and conservation.
- To gain experience in applying landscape-level scheduling models with emphasis on problem formulation and interpretation of results.
- To explore specific methods and tools that are of interest to the individual student.
- Programme topics:
- Introduction to ecosystem management planning. Operations research models and multiple criteria methods.
- Economics and project evaluation.
- Advanced stand-level and landscape-wide management scheduling approaches.
- Information and communication technologies (ICT) in natural resources management.
Course requirements include a mid-term exam (40%) and a final exam (60%).